If you need VA Health Care assistance or have questions such as where to go for care or how to receive prescribed medications, VA has established a toll-free number for assistance in areas that have been impacted by disasters. Veterans or their families can call the live VA Veterans Disaster Response line 24 hours, seven days a week at 1-800-507-4571.
Find your closest VA facility here:
If you have questions on Compensation or Pension benefits: Call toll-free 1-800-827-1000 Monday – Friday 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. CST.
For all other concerns call 1-800-MYVA411 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-800-698-2411.
- VA Disaster Assistance for Veterans Brochure
- FEMA Individual Disaster Assistance Information
- FEMA Texas Severe Winter Storm Website
Texas Specific Resources:
- State of Texas Warming Centers
- Texas Division of Emergency Management Resource Page
- Houston Combined Arms
If you need other assistance, please search the National Resource Directory for local resources